Tuesday, April 28, 2015

That's All Folks!

In reminiscing about the plethora of information that we have gained this past semester  it seems to be overwhelming to say the least. What can I say to tie the bow on top of the present that is this semester. What I am able to say is that this class has been appropriately challenging, but now that I look back I believe that all of the assignments were necessary for our development. While there were many group texts and frustration it was all worth it. I feel that we are better prepared to dive into the abyss that is student teaching, and more importantly the career for the rest of our lives.

I think this class pushed us past our comfort zones into the unknown, where I believe that we were able to swim. In viewing the information we have gained this semester I believe that we effectively demonstrated Teacher leadership. We were constantly learning and leading in the profession as student teachers. For the final blog I believe I will do a summation of this semester in a poem.

In this semester we have learned a lot.
Mostly, about concept instruction and how it should be taught.

Generalizations and guiding questions
Help students gain information to help in their professions.

Technology is important,
and doesn't have to be abhorrent.

Remember to follow the SAMR model
It will help you propel into technology, full throttle.

Don't forget TPACK
It will help your instruction and that's a fact.

Hopefully, you can see literacy
In areas from A to Z

To be an effective teacher follow NCPTS
and your life will be demonstrated through its best.

Be a Leader!
Respect Diversity!
Know the Content!
Facilitate learning!
And Most important reflect on your practice
Or your teaching instruction will be like touching a cactus!

4 comments:

  1. Taylor Trotter, you are so creative it amazes me! I absolutely love the poem you have created, and agree with everything in it! I also feel that although this class has been extremely challenging and frustrating at times, that it has been necessary and well worth the effort as it has prepared in becoming that much closer to student teaching. In a weird way, I'm going to miss this class because even though I hated the assignments, it was my favorite class to come to because I actually learned something helpful and never felt as if my time was being wasted. Thanks for sharing, best blog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trotter Trotter you are such a joy! I love having class with you and can't wait for next semester! I completely agree that all of the assignments had purpose. While we couldn't see that while we were doing the assignments, hind sight is definitely 20-20!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor,
    This post made my heart happy! Thanks for being so creative and I think the poem is definitely a great way to sum up the semester. This class has been challenging and has pushed us to our limits but it has all been worth it and we have learned something new every time we have met for this class. It has truly been a great semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor,
    I really loved your poem and it was great way to reflect on everything we have learned this semester! This class has been challenging but in a great way. It has allowed us to step out of our comfort zones and all of the tasks had a meaningful purpose. I knew that every time we met for this class we were going to learn something that was very rewarding and would be beneficial later on. It has been a really great semester! Great post!

    ReplyDelete